After switching to Java 6 I encountered a couple of problems using the Mac OS X plugin for jEdit. After waiting a couple of months to get annoyed with the missing mac integration I finally got my act together and re-coded the plugin to support the API changes.
I've managed to get most of the functionality you would expect from a regular mac program working and have now decided to release an alpha version for any testers that might want to get their hands dirty
Here's the changelog and features:
- Initial release
- Support for drag and drop onto the dock icon
- Support for Open With for files that are associated with jEdit
- Application menu integration
- "Preferences" will open Global Preferences
- "About jEdit" will open the Help -> About jEdit… dialog
- CMD-click in titlebar now displays the current buffer path in a drop down. Clicking on a folder will reveal that folder in the finder.
- The red close button now indicates the entire view's modification status. This way it will be consistent with the "save modified buffers?" dialog.
Kris (the original author of the mac plugin) is not completely without credit on this one since I used his plugin as a reference of what needed to be done.
Please give your comments